The trails are built and maintained entirely by volunteers and through volunteer-led fundraising.  The work is coordinated by the volunteer board members of the Crowbar Lake Wilderness Association.

Funding to build and maintain the Crowbar Lake Trail network is provided through charitable donations by people like you who enjoy and appreciate the trails, through community fundraising, and through grants (foundation, Municipal, Provincial and Federal grants). 

Donate today to help build and maintain the Crowbar Lake Trails, ensuring they are there for future generations to enjoy. You can even receive a charitable tax receipt for your donation.

To receive a charitable tax receipt for your donation, please make your gift through Nova Scotia Trails (Be sure to specify your donation to Crowbar Lake Trails.)

The Crowbar Lake Wilderness Association is a Registered Non-profit Society. Nova Scotia Trails keeps a 10% administration fee for all donations, which is used to promote trails and to support trail groups in Nova Scotia. The remaining 90% of your donation goes directly to support the Crowbar Lake Trails.


Thank you for considering donating your time and energy to support the Crowbar Lake Trails. 

You can help in many ways from clearing trails and removing trash, to helping to maintain/replace bridges and boardwalks, maintaining signage and trail markers, creating/managing our website or Facebook page, to writing grant proposals or carrying out other fundraising and community outreach activities. Please contact us at if you’d like to volunteer or you’d like to be notified of volunteer trail-work events.


Are you a business or organization interested in supporting the trails and showing your support for your local community, active, healthy living, and outdoor recreation? Contact us at for information about opportunities.


Special thanks to the Crowbar Lake and Myra Road Wilderness Association, the former trail managers, who generously transferred their remaining funds to our organization when they disbanded in 2021. We are so grateful for this support which was critical in getting our organization established and our first trail projects off the ground.

Our thanks to all the donors and volunteers who have generously supported our work as well.

We would like to recognize our major funding partners for grants supporting trail upgrades and maintenance:

  • Councillor David Hendsbee, Halifax Regional Municipality Capital Fund
  • Nova Scotia Office of Health Promotion, Sport and Recreation Division, Community Infrastructure Grant
  • Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Canada Community Development Grant